Recent News & Activities
Discovery Grant Applications Will Now Close on March 1st
Due to information that was incorrect, the Great Falls Public Schools (GFPS) Foundation will be extending the deadline for Discovery Grants one more week until March 1st. The GFPS Foundation is encouraging innovative and creative projects in GFPS through the Discovery Grants Program. The program provides opportunities for students to learn in new environments, experience creative teaching methods, participate in out of school experiences, or have new equipment or materials that provide enrichment and support. Great Falls Public Schools employees can submit applications for funding ranging from $500 to $3000. You can find the application HERE or through the Foundation’s webpage at http://www.gfpsfoundation.org/discovery-grants/.
If you have any questions on how to apply for a Discovery Grant, you can contact Lyndsay Lettre at email@example.com or at 7401 and she can answer your questions. If you have any questions regarding the Discovery Grant Program, you can contact Dave Crumat firstname.lastname@example.org or at 7340.
Great Falls Public Schools Foundation’s Heisey Teacher Scholarship Applications for 2015-2016 School Year Now Open
- Twenty $1,000 scholarships will be awarded competitively to PreK-12 school teachers in the Great Falls Public Schools District to help fund work toward a master’s degree, National Board for Professional Teaching Standards Certification, academic work supporting Great Falls Public Schools’ District Goals, or an Endorsement, including; counseling, administration, special education, music, health enhancement, reading, gifted education or any other field related to education.
- Twenty scholarships will be awarded throughout the district, with the intent of awarding support in multiple schools. In the event that one or more schools do not have a qualified applicant, multiple scholarships may be awarded at the same school.
- Teachers who have already completed a master’s degree may apply the scholarship to a second master’s degree or an advanced degree (Ph.D. or Ed.D.).
- Scholarships may also be used for the purpose of working toward an advanced degree or securing an endorsement in a specific subject area, which is applicable to teaching.
- Scholarships may be utilized to fund the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards Certification process.
- Scholarships may be utilized to support academic work which would directly support the professional in their capacity of supporting district level goals and initiatives.
- Monies will be distributed directly to the university or institution providing the education.
- All monies must be expended within six months of the date the scholarship is awarded.
- Any teacher presently holding a teaching position in the Great Falls School District and who is committed to signing a contract to teach in the school district for the school year following the scholarship award.
- Online applications will be accepted beginning January 5, 2014
- Application is available here.
- Online applications will close on February 6, 2015
APPLICATION WIIL BE RANKED ON:
- Competency as a teacher as indicated by letters of reference and other information presented to the committee.
- Commitment to the profession as indicated by goals.
- Availability of job vacancies in the field, as well as needs of the district.
If you have any questions regarding the online application process, please contact Lyndsay Lettre at 268-7401 or at email@example.com. General questions about the scholarship, can be directed to Dave Crum at 268-7340 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GFPS Foundation’s Discovery Grants Program is aimed at encouraging innovative and creative projects in Great Falls Public Schools. The program provides opportunities for students to learn in new environments, experience creative teaching methods, participate in out of school experiences, or have new equipment that will provide enrichment and support. Great Falls Public Schools employees can submit applications for funding ranging from $500 to $3000. The Foundation has $50,000 available to award. The application is available here.
The Discovery Grant application and funding timetable for the 2015-16 school years is:
- Online applications will be accepted beginning December 15, 2014
- Online applications will close on February 22, 2015
- Grant Recipients will be notified March 23, 2015
- Funding will be available April 13, 2015
If you have any questions regarding the online application process, please contact Lyndsay Lettre at 268-7401 or at email@example.com. If you have any questions about Discovery Grants, please contact Dave Crum at 268-7340 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The GFPS Foundation's Discovery Grants Program is proud to support the Summer Read Six Program. Offering books to read during the summer, this program is making an impact on literacy for the kids in the Great Falls community.
For more information please click the link below.